Social media is a loud place today. Usually, once I bounce into my Fb Newsfeed — I really feel like I’m standing on the sting of the freeway watching the automobiles whiz by.
So, how are you going to create thumb-stopping content material within the Newsfeed if you’re utilizing Fb to develop your enterprise? It is a matter close to and pricey to my coronary heart — and one I cowl extensively in my book.
Going live can exponentially develop your model, your electronic mail subscriber lists and finally — your backside line.
For those who’ve thought of going live on Fb (or some other platform for that matter) — listed here are a couple of steps which have made an enormous distinction in our enterprise.
Step 1: Take into consideration your general content material technique. First, I believe it’s essential to take a step again and take into consideration your general content material technique. What kinds of ‘pillar’ content material (i.e. weblog posts, recorded video, live video, podcast, eBooks or printed books.) will you be creating in 2017 that can assist to inform the story of your model and what it feels wish to work with you?
Step 2: Consider how live video will operate in your enterprise. Upon getting your pillar content material technique in place — I’d advocate you consider how live video will operate for you in your enterprise.
A number of inquiries to ask your self: “Will live video be a spot so that you can…”:
- Reply shopper questions?
- Drive site visitors again to your web site?
- Drive site visitors to your different social media channels?
- Construct your electronic mail record?
- Showcase the tradition of your model?
- Showcase a behind-the-scenes look into your organization?
- Share your experience?
- Entertain folks?
- All the above?
- A number of the above?
Undecided? That’s okay! However, this is a vital place to begin — to consider your motive behind utilizing live video. I like to recommend to start out, choosing one or two causes behind why you do your live video after which you’ll be able to at all times develop from there. By choosing one thing — for instance, a weekly Q/A live video present, it will do two issues: 1. It should deliver extra folks to your live broadcast since you are being per format and timing and a couple of. You’ll get higher and higher doing live video since you are constantly creating the identical sort of content material.
Step 3: Persistence is vital on the subject of success with live video. For us, live video is an effective way to drive site visitors to our web site, to increase the lifetime of our pillar content material (our weblog content material), and it’s an effective way to attach with our viewers. For us, little or no “promoting” goes into our live video; after creating live video content material for greater than a 12 months — I can let you know that the enterprise I’ve obtained from live video has been as a result of I used to be affected person and I constantly created useful significant content material over the course of time.
As well as — I made time to spend money on the live video neighborhood by supporting different live streamers by sharing and supporting their broadcasts and in flip strengthening our relationship.
Step 4: Determine which platforms to create live video on. There are various choices and lots of execs and cons. I like Periscope as a result of it’s owned by Twitter and it has an unbelievable robust neighborhood. Periscope is my first live streaming love! In case you have a robust presence on Fb, then Fb Reside often is the means so that you can go. We’ve had a whole lot of success broadcasting on our enterprise web page after which boosting that publish, after which creating advertisements primarily based on the audiences who watched our live broadcasts. We additionally love live video in our non-public Fb teams — it’s an effective way to deliver worth to our neighborhood.
Step 5: Add it to your calendar. Identical to any content material you will create — you must have or not it’s in your calendar to make it occur. Consistency breeds consistency so choose a constant day and time and attempt to keep on with that week in and week out.
Now that you just’ve created your technique, listed here are 10 bonus ideas for making probably the most out of every live broadcast:
- Promote your live broadcast prematurely in your different social media channels the day of and the day earlier than and promote your recording the day after in your different social media channels.
- For Fb Reside, contemplate boosting the recording to obtain extra feedback and attain.
- Create further Fb advertisements utilizing your Video viewers as your viewers. You’ll be able to create a customized viewers utilizing Fb’s Advert Supervisor to focus on simply individuals who have watched your live broadcasts and different movies.
- Promote your live broadcasts and/or recordings to your electronic mail database. We like to incorporate these hyperlinks in our weekly electronic mail e-newsletter.
- In Fb Reside, edit your video! After you might be completed recording, you’ll be able to return and edit the thumbnail (YAH!) in addition to the title and add tags.
- Reply to all feedback live and inside the 24–48 hours after your recording is completed. Be sure to return to your live broadcast and reply as many questions as you’ll be able to.
- Attain out to a couple folks one-to-one who had been significantly participating with you in your broadcast and thank them.
- Bear in mind, as of this publish date — Instagram Reside is actually live and within the second — there isn’t any recording out there so take into consideration that when you’re planning your live video technique. [update: this has changed]
- Contemplate utilizing distinctive hyperlinks or distinctive calls to motion inside your live broadcast to trace the effectiveness of simply that platform.
- Deliver others into your live video to create a enjoyable two-way dialog. OBS, Wirecast and BeLive are only a few choices that can let you do that.
Are you prepared to start out? If you’re like me, you could be just a little nervous and begin to assume, “Who’s going to observe this?” or “I hate how I sound!” I can let you know personally, that the extra you create live video — the higher you’ll get. It’s like a muscle! I encourage you as you’re employed in your live video plan to not let the planning, maintain you up. Begin now. Don’t undergo from evaluation paralysis — the time is now!
In search of just a little inspiration? Download our free Facebook Live cheat-sheet for with 30 concepts of what to broadcast about! I’d love your suggestions on this publish and would love to listen to how you might be utilizing live video in your enterprise. Go away me a remark under or be part of our Social Media Forum Facebook Group! Additionally, parts of this publish initially appeared on our blog here.
P.S. Now we have an entire chapter in my new book about live streaming and live video. Our e-book launch is on April 19th and we’d love so that you can join our online launch party and assist us by spreading the word here!
For those who preferred this text, please click on the ‘advocate’ button under or ship me a Tweet @katielance! I’m a social media strategist, a speaker, a marketing consultant, a blogger, and author, an iPhone addict and a wine lover. You’ll find out extra about me here or join with me on Facebook.